[time-nuts] OT: JHP 3588 Basic feature enable?

wje wje at quackers.net
Tue May 5 00:43:27 UTC 2009

A member kindly provided me with a key generated from my serial number
for my HP 3588 to enable Basic, but he wasn't exactly sure what the
proper way was to put them on a disk so the '88 would read the key.

My serial number is 3005A01033.
I tried creating a LIF file name "LD1033" and put the key in it using
the lifutils 'copy as ascii file'.
The '88 does read the disk on startup, and I can see the file in the
disk menu with type ASCII, but no joy with Basic being enabled.
I tried a couple of other format variations, same result (binary image,
null-terminated, cr/lf, lf, etc).

Does anyone have any other info, hints, etc? I'd like to get the builtin
IBasic enabled, it's quite useful, even if it is Basic. :)

Thanks in advance,
Bill

--
Bill Ezell