[time-nuts] More 5370 mods...

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed May 20 16:05:09 UTC 2009

Some other useful mods to the 5370 (besides a quiet fan):

1) I install a tiny toggle switch on the oscillator board to disable that LED/freq detector circuit.  The switch lets you re-enable it for testing, etc.

2) Drill a hole in the top cover directly above the oscillator tuning screw.  This lets you set the oscillator without opening the case.

3) That rear heat sink gets very warm.  One might want to put a small fan on it.  I have not done this,  but have considered it.  I hate fan noise...