[time-nuts] 5070B once more.... (actually 5370A fans)

Jim Hall perseidjh at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 21:19:51 UTC 2009

When I worked in R&D at HP's Microwave Division (1972 ~ 1976) and HP LaserJet Division (1976 ~ 2000) we designed all our products to meet specifications across a temperature range of -20 to +55 degrees Centigrade.  I would assume this was a standard requirement across most if not all HP products although I can't be sure.

Therefore if you are operating your HP equipment in an office environment you can probably reduce air flow some without a significant degradation in performance.  On the other hand, as has been reiterated here many times, cooler is always better from a reliability standpoint.  Therefore I would personally hesitate to reduce the air flow in any of my HP gear.

Jim Hall W4TVI