[time-nuts] IRIG B(1) sample wav file

Rob Kimberley rk at timing-consultants.com
Mon Nov 2 09:35:11 UTC 2009

It depends on the IRIG card used. With a basic reader card you can sync down
to 1 millisecond based on the 1 KHz IRIG-B time code. More elaborate cards
have a phase locked 10 MHz oscillator on board, and software to replace the
PC's RTC so time comes directly from the card. Sync to a few microseconds
and lower is possible. Take a look at Symmetricom (board level products
originally from Datum), and Spectracom (boards originally from Odetics via
KSI).

Rob Kimberley