[time-nuts] Trimble GPS lock light

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Mon Nov 9 02:21:09 UTC 2009

The Thunderbolt sends TSIP messages, not NMEA messages. If your "lock"
indicator understands the TSIP protocol, then of course it will work.
Otherwise, probably not. From the pdf file you included in your message, it
looks like it is NMEA only.

The TSIP protocol is not complicated (just slightly more so than NMEA
messages because of the escape sequences), and all the details can be found
on the TSIP spec from Trimble, or if you just want the basics, you can use
the decoder I wrote for my GPS Monitor project. It's open source.

Didier KO4BB