[time-nuts] LORAN C shutdown

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 9 22:29:58 UTC 2009

Hi Paul, It wasnt my thread but the problem does occur that when you edit
the subject line it doesnt change the "thread title" which is embedded in
the original message I think.

I rather expected the closure to happen. I was a bit surprised that it didnt
close last year. My guess is the French will try to keep the W European
chain running.As it happens it may scupper a little ionsopheric project I
want to run  using Loran-C.

Thanks for the detail, someone else from the LF group saw something on a GPS
site but their URL didnt work.

Thanks and Best Wishes
Alan G3NYK