[time-nuts] 5370B PROM

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Tue Nov 10 22:29:16 UTC 2009

Good day,

On 10-Nov-09 at 16:07 Joe Geller wrote:

>I can read these formats to a text file using a Windows terminal
emulator
>to save them to a file,
>however, I do not know how to make the “ROM Image”.

	Technically, a ROM image is made by creating an Absolute Binary (Data
I/O #16) format file of the device being read. However, formats such as
you describe were, if I recall correctly, compatible with being read from
a text file as long as the programmer being used to make a new device
supports the format in question.

	I have other Data I/O programmers here which are quite capable of
producing a binary image file. If you would like to send a chip to me for
comparison against the source file you're curious about, I should be able
to deal with it and return said chip when finished.

	Happy tweaking.