[time-nuts] Loran C shutdown

Rob Kimberley rk at timing-consultants.com
Wed Nov 11 09:41:38 UTC 2009

Not practical. You need ground wave reception of LORAN for accurate
navigation. At long distances you would be reliant on sky wave.

I'm going to an NPL Timing meeting in early December being held at Trinity
House in London. I'll get the low down on what is happening over here on
LORAN in light of the US announcement for 2010.

If anyone else in UK fancies the visit - got to
http://www.npl.co.uk/events/timing-and-non-gnss-positions for info.

Rob Kimberley