[time-nuts] SocketWatch Woes

Joe McElvenney ximac at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 11 12:09:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

Does anyone on the list use SocketWatch to keep their computer's clock
roughly up to snuff time-wise? With me having switched to Vista (and
lately W7), it often can't make the necessary network connection and
gives me 'access denied' messages. The strange thing is that it will
work fine from a new installation but soon runs out of puff; maybe
within the hour or within the day.

Perhaps I haven't ticked the right boxes, so any pointers in this
direction would be appreciated as there is no sign of any support for
it. Yes, I know there are other products which do much the same thing
but I've been using this utility for years and have become attached to
it. Also I've got $10 invested in it and my mattress is empty :-)

Cheers - Joe G3LLV