[time-nuts] DMTD using Active Mixers

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Thu Nov 12 01:55:09 UTC 2009

HI

I have no direct experience with the Minicircuits "active mixers", but
I have used some of their amplifier chips. I suspect they use their
own amps.

The amps I worked with had significant phase noise issues when driven
within 6db of their 1db compression point.  They were "ok" at low
drive levels. More or less then went from 3 db noise figure to a > 20
db nf as you went from -20 dbm to  0 dbm output on a +7 dbm amplifier.

Bob