[time-nuts] The Demise of LORAN (was Re: Reference oscillator accuracy)

Richard H McCorkle mccorkle at ptialaska.net
Sat Nov 14 23:12:46 UTC 2009

John,
I have asked Alaska's representitives to reinstate LORAN funding due to the
large number of private pilots and small fishing boat operators that rely
on LORAN in Alaska. During periods of high aurora activity in the arctic
the interference with GPS makes it unusable and LORAN is the only viable
alternative navigation system.

Richard