[time-nuts] OCXO pinout

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Sun Nov 15 01:17:02 UTC 2009

Joe,

Usually this type of crystal holder is referred to as a bang-bang oven can.  That
is the winding is controlled through a on/off thermal switch.  On the unlikely
side it could have a simple thermister and a power transistor for a simple analog
method.

With the octal plug system there should be some small screws around the base that
if removed would allow the can to be lifted off the base.  If that is the case
you would then see an internal metal can with another lid covering where the
crystal is plugged into a socket inside the internal can.

If that is the case you would also be able to see the wires to the base.  Then
you could use an Ohmmeter to trace out the connections.

If you do not feel this is the case, can you supply some pictures ?

Bill....WB6BNQ