[time-nuts] Thunderbolt reception problems

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 04:03:07 UTC 2009

Hi Bjoern,

I respectfully disagree. I measured the loss through the GPS amp and Mini
Circuits splitter at only 10.1dB. That's really not a lot. I couldn't  find
a loss-spec in the Thunderbolts' specification.

The Agilent amp has GPS filters in it that improve signal quality by
filtering out all non-GPS signals.

Someone else had the same problem here (that's how the discussion
initially started) thinking his Symmetricom splitter was dead. I think it's  safe to
say a GPSDO can be expected to work with a name-brand GPS splitter  (which
it did not either for the other gentleman).

So if the M12+, M12M, and all other GPS receivers I have can all handle
this signal without a hitch, except the Thunderbolt, then this means the
Thunderbolt requires special attention (or in my case possibly it's own GPS
antenna).

I will try to change the AMU settings as Warren suggested, that makes
sense. Maybe this is what we should have tried from the beginning to make  our
Thunderbolts work?

bye,
Said

In a message dated 11/21/2009 14:18:51 Pacific Standard Time,