[time-nuts] Thunderbolt reception problems

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 00:34:03 UTC 2009

>If you needed to lower your AMU limit from 4 to 2, you are feeding the
>Thunderbolt a signal level below the intended levels.

True, You MAY be feeding it a signal that is below what the cell site recommended High gain outdoor antenna will give it.
But any conclusion past that sounds like pure speculation. And most of use are not using them in cell sites.

I Can not comment on the other units Magnus referred to that don't work if set too low,
and I can not say what AMU is in the Tbolt
BUT I can say with certainty that setting it to a value of 1 or 2  with 'Tboltmon.exe' version 1.2 works fine
and 1 works MUCH BETTER than 4 in some setup.
Looks like the Tbolt software is not so dumb as to use sat signals that will screw it up.

'Trimble GPS Monitor V1-2.pdf'   instructions on page 13 shows the "signal level mask (AMU) set to 0.6

ws

said