[time-nuts] Thunderbolt reception problems

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 01:52:14 UTC 2009

Hi Nigel, et. al.,

I just changed the setting to C/No with the help of the instructions posted
 here; learned yet something else.

With that I now get between 30 and 36dBc/Hz C/No (at night, which  usually
results in higher values than during daylight).

I am impatient, and expect my equipment to be plug-and-play, this is what
cause my frustration and surprise in the first place, since I did not have
a problem with this antenna feed in the past.

Due to the lack of a "lock" LED, and these issues, I guess I will have to
dedicate an RS-232 to constantly monitor the unit, and be content with it's
performance when connected to the splitter.

That's better than drilling another hole into the wall and mounting another
 antenna on the roof.

Thanks for everyone's help,
bye,
Said

In a message dated 11/22/2009 12:14:01 Pacific Standard Time,