[time-nuts] Alternate frequency sources : DVB-T and ISDN?

Christian Vogel vogelchr at vogel.cx
Mon Nov 23 08:45:20 UTC 2009

Hi Alan,

> I cant remember the detail now but my converstaion with a BBC engineer at
> the NPL meeting a few years back suggested along the lines of "yes there
> would be a stable frequency available on a digital TV signal but no it would
> not be related (tracable) to any given standard because it didnt need to
> be."

at least here in Germany the digital TV transmissions (DVB-T) are using
(in some areas) Single Frequency Networks[1]. I live near one of the
transmitters
and when I visited the facility, they had Meinberg GPS receivers in the
racks housing the TV signal generators.

Speaking of alternate sources: Has any time-nut considered using the ISDN
telephone network [2]?

        Chris

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-frequency_network
[2] http://openbsc.gnumonks.org/trac/wiki/isdnsync