[time-nuts] FTs 9110/120 accelerometer

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Nov 30 00:16:07 UTC 2009

Hi Corby --

Here's what the documentation for Option 120 on the FTS 4XXX series
cesiums says:

"Option 120 adds an accelerometer control to reduce the sensitivity of
the cesium standard against external vibrations in the range of about
0.1 Hz to several hundred Hz.  The reduction achieved is more than one
order of magnitude -- to below 1 x 10e-10 per g.  In portable
applications, where changes in orientation are encountered, changes in
phase of the rf outputs, or changes in time of the pulse outputs are
reduced to less than 5 ns."

I did find at least one of the papers that you may be referring to; let
me check my stash and if I have it, I'll send you a copy.

A related question -- how does the model 9110 OCXO compare to the 1200
or other FTS oscillators?

John
----