[time-nuts] LORAN-C demise

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Mon Nov 30 00:16:38 UTC 2009

> In message <4B130050.1050002 at rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus Danielson
> writes:
>>bg at lysator.liu.se wrote:
>
>>L1, L2, L3, L4 and L5 jammers is off the shelf. Not particular
>>efficient, not to speak of L3 and L4 being of no significant use.
>
> Not to mention the fact that there is a good probability that
> GPS and Galileo will jam each other, degrading both signals more
> than the benefit of having twice as many birds will be able to
> compensate for...

There has been rather elaborate studies conducted on Galileo signals
disturbing GPS and vice versa. The chosen/negotiated signals give minimal
interference to others.

There has been bilateral agreements reached between all (?) future global
GNSS-systems. I think unintentional jamming between the systems are
unlikely.

An unintentional mishap like the recent GPS-L5 debacle is ofcause a
possibility.

--

   Björn