[time-nuts] Why would I want a rubidium.. More

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Mon Oct 5 19:41:40 UTC 2009

I neglected to mention there are very, very good reasons to have a single
master frequency standard and distribution amp for a lab. IMO, that is far
more important than the standard's absolute accuracy.

-John

A GOOD crystal oscillator will stay w/in parts in 10E10 for days at least.
And I don't mean a DO. Just run it with a continuous comparison to LORAN
or WWVB or GPS and MANUALLY tweek it as needed. A benefit is that you KNOW
when you made an adjustment and not have to worry about random changes
from the oscillator. That's a reason I stopped using mine.