[time-nuts] Down under Time Nuts & Tsunami's

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 02:30:39 UTC 2009

OK I've done some research and may have jumped the gun.

(Note to self - do research before posting)

There seems to be a wide variety of conventions out there on
Australian time zones. The best source I could find was
http://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/our-country/time which is
probably as official as it gets.

That site states they are AEST (UT+10), ACST (UT+9.5), AWST (UT+8) and
AEDT (UT+11) and ACDT (UT+10.5). (AWDT (UT+9) would be used if Western
Australia had daylight savings).

I still prefer UT+x because it unambiguous and all countries can use.

Regards,

Jim