GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Mon Oct 12 10:12:32 UTC 2009

david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com writes:

My time  constant is set at 400 seconds which seems to have
considerably reduced the  size of the frequency excursions compared to the
default, and also reduced  the large excursions of the DAC voltage.

----------------
I must admit that I've generally tended to leave these as "they come out of
 the box", perhaps it's time to be a bit more adventurous.

None of the five Thunderbolts that I've had on test at one time  or another
have shown what I would consider very significant short term  frequency
excursions once settled, just a few parts in 10^-11using a 1 second  gate time,
if there was any noticeable improvement on that I'd be  hitting the
unprocessed limits of my test gear anyway.

Lady H certainly shows a more dramatic picture though, perhaps  another
ploy for extending her influence over the unwary and inflicting yet  more pain
on the innocent:-)

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR