[time-nuts] Garmin GPS17

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 08:15:48 UTC 2009

Hello all,
I have a Garmin GPS17 HVS which is a GPS receiver/antenna  in one unit.
When I first bought it I used it to discipline an HP10811 OCXO. One
day it stopped
responding to its monitor program.
I got a TBOLT which has kept me busy and now I want to compare it to
the Garmin.

Although I used to be able to run the monitor program and it does not
respond any more,
if you put it under the sky and power it up, after a while you get a
PPS out of it that is
in phase with the GPS.

So there is somebody home but they have turned out the lights.

The Garmin manuals mention failure to respond if you do the wrong thing,
Can anyone help me get it going again?

Cheers,
Neville Michie