[time-nuts] HP 5071A Electron Multiplier of Cesium Beam Tube

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Sun Sep 6 19:16:56 UTC 2009

I'm not so sure. If you cut open the tube and then immediately rinsed the
insides with deionized water, then the acid etch, I doubt there'd be much
Cs left after 5 minutes. Now there could well be nooks, crannies, or cul
de sacs that are all but impossible to wash out. I can certainly believe
that.

-John

>>REALLY??
>>
>>Both Cesium Chloride and Nitride are soluable >50 g/100 ml of water.
>
> Sorry for not being explicit: Water is out of the question, dissolved
Cesium in water is very bad for pretty much any other metal.