[time-nuts] Fundamental limits on performance

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Sun Sep 13 11:43:48 UTC 2009

At 01:49 AM 9/13/2009, Hal Murray wrote...

> > So, if I have a clock of some performance on Spacecraft A, is there
> > "simple" way to say how well I can do transfering that to
> Spacecraft
> > B?
>
>Do you want time or frequency?

Time synchronization between spacecraft might take advantage of
pulsars, reducing the bandwidth used on inter-craft comm links. As
frequency sources, they are as good as Rb short term, and as good as Cs
long term. It should also be possible to use pulsars in a GPS-like way,
for position and speed.