[time-nuts] Fundamental limits on performance

Brian Kirby kilodelta4foxmike at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:13:01 UTC 2009

I had a technician that was assigned to me when I worked at NASA who's
job was to operate a 6 axis of freedom table.  This thing had 6
hydraulics arms and pumps wired to an analog computer. I believe it
could be modulated up to around 70 hertz or so and could handle several
thousand pounds.  We watched behind plexiglass and I was amazed how
quick stuff can come apart and the speed it was ejected.  Nothing to
fool around with, and a lot of respect.

Brian