[time-nuts] Morion MV89 Problem

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:09:41 UTC 2009

I got one of them from one of those Chinese eBay sources. Hooked it up, let
it warm up,it does get rather warm to the touch. Problem is that I can't get
it on 10 MHz. Even if I connect the control voltage input directly to the
reference voltage out, it is still low by about 4 Hz. Another thing, the
current jumps from about 800 mA to next to nothing, and back. I assume this
is the outer oven kicking on and off. I kind of thought it would ramp up and
down, not be either on or off. So, MV89 owners, is it bad? Has anyone ever
sent anything back to China?