[time-nuts] Can anyone spare an LPRO lamp?

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 08:21:40 UTC 2009

swithrow at idcomm.com writes:

I have  an LPRO-101 that won't lock, so popped the cover and started poking

around.  The lamp was not lit, both physics packages were hot, and  there
was
RF going to the exciter coil.  So, I pulled the lamp and  swapped it with
another unit.  The lamp from the good unit lit right  up, so my conclusion
is
a bad lamp.  The bad one is clear, the good  one is slightly brownish.

Anyone have a lamp that they would part with  for a reasonable price?

-----------------------
Hi Skip

I don't know if this would help in your case, but perhaps nothing to  lose
considering you already have it removed.
The following link goes to some notes by Gerald, VK3FGJM, on repairs to the
 Efratom FRS lamp assembly. Right at the end is a comment in which he
explains  how he rejuvenated lamps using a hot air gun.

_www.n4iqt.com/.../eeratom_model_frs_lamp_assembly_repair.pdf_
(http://www.n4iqt.com/.../eeratom_model_frs_lamp_assembly_repair.pdf)

If you do try it I'd be  interested to hear how you get on.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR