[time-nuts] Symmetricom 58535A GPS antenna splitters FS

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Mon Apr 5 01:45:01 UTC 2010

Bob -

Glad you received the splitters OK and hope you had a nice Easter with your
family. I have never had one of these apart, so, cannot comment at this
time. Some time ago I did take an HP splitter apart, but, only after it
died. Turned out to be the 3.2 volt regulator. I just bypassed it with a
piece of wire and it has been working for years. Since the GPS receiver
driving it is 5 volts, the amplifier inside did not mind the difference
between 3.2 or 5 volts. These are all supposed to be smart splitters, as you
well know, so, I wonder how simple resistive divider on the output of the
amplifier alone would work. Regardless, sure sounds like it would be easy to
make a line amp from one. Just make sure the DC gets from the port you are
going to use to the amp, and will also provide adequate load to the receiver
to let it think it is connected to an antenna and not give a fault. Good
luck with trying to find a schematic. Probably easier to reverse engineer
it. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731