[time-nuts] Yukon Energy causes time sync problems

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Apr 10 17:32:09 UTC 2010

> In the US, at one time there was a specification that required the average
> over a (I think 24 hours) to be within three seconds.  It always was when
> I was growing up in the 60's and 70's.  Now I've seen it get as much as 4
> seconds (once 5) out.

If anybody finds a good reference to official specifications, please let me
know.

Palo Alto has it's own power distribution system.  Years ago, somebody told
me that they (or a friend) had called the Palo Alto power dept trying to get
info on how accurate the line frequency was.  After he finally got through to
the right person, the answer was "We are not tariffed for that."

Here is PG&E's blurb describing what they provide:
  http://www.pge.com/tariffs/tm2/pdf/ELEC_RULES_2.pdf

Page 7 says:
  3. FREQUENCY
  PG&E will exercise reasonable diligence and care to regulate and maintain
its
  frequency within reasonable limits but does not guarantee same.