[time-nuts] Yukon Energy causes time sync problems

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Sat Apr 10 19:21:46 UTC 2010

Citizens resetting their clocks is the WRONG thing to do. Presumably the
power company reduced frequency to correct the time, but if the citizens
reset, they would end up wrong again, but in the opposite direction.

There is a story that appeared in a math olympics when I was a kid. It
went something like this.

Every day, in a town, a noon gun was fired at the local fort. At 7 am each
day, the gunner would walk by a clock shop on Main Street and set his
watch by the clock in the window, because his watch ran fast. However, the
shop owner set the clock in the window by the noon gun at the fort. If the
clock ran two minutes a day slow, what time was it really when the soldier
went home at 6 pm by his watch.

Where is my Tylenol??

-John

> Let me see if I've got this straight...