[time-nuts] Naval Jelly at home depot 25-35% Phosphoric acid

Bill phase3 at wcc.net
Mon Apr 12 16:20:57 UTC 2010

I purchase 75% phosphoric acid at a commercial chemical establishment...They
sell house cleaning chemicals for commercial cleaning folks.  They sell
sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) outstanding for etching aluminum outside a
closed space, nitric acid, sulphuric acid, hydrochloric acid, mek (methyl
ethyl keytone), trichloroethylene (I think that’s correct spelling),
etc....phosphoric will burn your hands but even at 75% it is not that
caustic and putting hands in it momentarily to remove the object you’re
cleaning is NOT that bad
with a little cold water hand rinse (and
moisturizing crème as one ‘weeney’ suggested), the damage is minimal and not
generally lasting.   Chemicals are easy to find especially in the city and
buying them over the internet might get you an inquiry from your local DEA
officer, Police department or sheriff’s dept.  I can state that with some
degree of accuracy as I was an elected District/County attorney for
approximately 14 years in Texas and had a ‘close’ relationship with the
‘authorities.’

W5STP