[time-nuts] GPS PPS smoothing article

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 16:47:41 UTC 2010

Hi Magnus,

they did get the data from the scopes into NI Labview, not an easy task by
itself!

With my HP 54720D scope I can get down to 200ps or so resolution, with
about 60ps jitter from the scope, so for what they were trying to do a scope
should be ok (getting around 1ns resolution I guess)..

bye,
Said

In a message dated 4/11/2010 14:05:28 Pacific Daylight Time,
magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:

> Instead they should have put that data into the freeware plotter,  or
> Stable-32 etc, and shown ADEV plots that can actually  discern between
before and
> after.

That they didn't use a  time-interval counter but scopes kind of
indicates that they may not have  been sufficiently equipped for this  task.