[time-nuts] lunatic fringe time standards

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 16:58:37 UTC 2010

Hi Eugen,One leading German Time and Frequency manufactures is Meinburg. http://www.meinberg.de/No cheap surplus though ;-)  Plenty of Thunderbolts in China on ebay.
Robert G8RPI.
--- On Wed, 14/4/10, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

From: Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>
Subject: [time-nuts] lunatic fringe time standards
To: time-nuts at febo.com
Date: Wednesday, 14 April, 2010, 17:51

Hi -- a couple somewhat lunatic questions. Figured this would
be the best place to ask.

Anyone aware of a time standard which compensates in regards
to an ideal flat-spacetime-at-rest-relatively-to-cosmic-background
reference clock? I realize this is not relevant for any affordable
clocks.

Unrelated, anyone aware of a hardware (IC) counter which
counts in a (local-bitflip) Gray code, so it can track a very
fast (integrated?) oscillator without dropping cycles?

P.S. Thanks for pointing me towards GPSDOs. Any European/German
local alternatives to the Trimble Thunderbolt?

8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A  7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE