[time-nuts] And you thought you were old

Horst Schmidt horsts at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 20 14:52:29 UTC 2010

I still have an original booklet from raytheon : how to build a 1 transistor radio with a CK722.

However, my very first transistor first transistor was an OC70 from Valvo (German Philips). I bought it about 1956 ,I was 13 years old then in Stuttgart Germany.

It cost me 10.20 German Marks. A substancial sum then.   I  soldered the
transistor in to a socket , so the leads would not break off.
I build many different projects with it then.

Now when I see one of the old black Philips  glass encapulated
transistors, I get quite nostalgic.
But this days one hardly looks at a modern transisitor anymore.