[time-nuts] Carpet Protectors

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed Apr 28 15:04:33 UTC 2010

Hi Bob:

I too suffered from static when using a plastic carpet protector.  Years
ago I added a sheet of 3/4" plywood for my chair and the static problem
went away.  It turns out the real problem is plastic chair wheels
rolling on the plastic carpet protector when the humidity is low.  Makes
an excellent static generator.  I tried various anti-static sprays, but
they only seemed to work for a short time.
http://www.prc68.com/I/HaT.shtml#SE

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com