[time-nuts] Regulating a pendulum clock

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Aug 8 04:28:10 UTC 2010

J. Forster wrote:
> OK. You know better.
>
> BTW, op-amp noise is essentially irrelevant in this application, and the
> C's across the FB resistors limit slew rates so there is no significant
> dI/dt to cause voltage spikes.

Noise is never irrelevant.
You havent shown that its insignificant either.

In the real world such dv/dt assumptions with inductive loads lead to
fried parts.
For example if the circuit oscillates at high frequency because the
compensation isnt  correct/effective or the feedback wire becomes
detached or the power supply goes down suddently due to a crowbar event
then high dv/dt at the opamp/buffer output is possible.

> -John

Bruce