[time-nuts] No Comment

Tom Holmes tholmes at woh.rr.com
Tue Aug 10 21:44:57 UTC 2010

The reality of this, hoping not to deteriorate the discussion into politics,
is that outside of the scientific community, the greater mass of the
population might be easily swayed to go along with the idea of moving to a
different time standard. After all, most of the planet's populace has no
clue about the need for standard time, or its history, and is likely to see
the change as 'good'. And those who follow Islam will certainly not object,
and they are a significant force on this planet.

You have all seen instances where voters have defied logic and good sense to
'fix' a problem they could not be bothered to truly understand, so just
voted on gut or heart or whatever their favorite talking head told them.

So laugh or be skeptical, but be aware that there is enough power to make
such a thing happen if properly sold.

On the other hand, does it really matter? We have put up with the farce that
is Daylight Saving Time for years.

Tom, N8ZM