[time-nuts] Remove Pictic boards from envelopes

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 03:27:08 UTC 2010

On 11 August 2010 15:12, Charles P. Steinmetz
<charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com> wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>> Of course you could make it even more complicated. Design and build a
>> spaceship, travel to the Moon, collect some of the abrasive dust from
>> its surface, travel back, make the Moon dust into a paste and rub this
>> on the board. Alternatively use a pencil eraser, no expensive,
>> dangerous and messy chemicals to use, just the humble inexpensive
>> pencil you probably have hanging around anyway.
>
> Don't see how using TarnX (which actually reverts the tarnish to metal
> without removing any) is making things complicated (nor expensive, or messy,
> or dangerous -- as long as you don't use it in California), but thanks for
> that perspective.  And no, I don't have any pencils on the premises (but
> TarnX and paste silver polish are both readily to hand).

Ah, well I don't have any TarnX or paste silver polish but I do have a
pack of pencils so it is a case of each to his own. Sorry if I went
overboard but I really thought that Stanley had become far too
apologetic over such a simple issue to deal with and after all, look
at what he has kindly done for us, and the more we talk about the
problem seems to put more pressure on him. Crikey, I'm over the moon
thankful to him and a few seconds polishing the oxide off the board
with an eraser is hardly any imposition at all, and is something I
would have done anyway as this makes solder flow much better anyway

Thanks Stanley!

Best regards,
Steve

> Best regards,
>
> Charles

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
- Einstein