[time-nuts] PICTIC II PIC chips, update and opening for more orders

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 07:09:56 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

My project is over and I'll be home on Sunday.  The chips that were ordered
and paid for will go out tomorrow and you should see them this coming week.
I know some of you are itchy to get chips ordered and I apologize for
dropping off the grid these past three weeks.  I've been on travel for work
and have put in some crazy hours.  To jump start things, I'll start taking
orders for the next round of chips instead of waiting till Monday.   I
learned some lessons from the first time around.  The main lesson was that a
week was not long enough to wait for orders to come in before placing my
order for the PIC chips.  I had more requests after I placed the order to
Mouser than I did the week before while I was taking orders.   This time
I'll close for orders on 8/29 at noon (mountain time) and will place the
order with Mouser or Digikey.  I'll get them shipped out to you a few days
after they arrive.

The other thing I learned was that doing this in email with gmail is
somewhat problematic.  I won't go into details, but labels in gmail are NOT
the same as folders even if they look like them at first glance.

If you want a programmed PIC chip, just send payment with PayPal before noon
(again, mountain time) on 8/29/2010 and make sure you include a valid
shipping address.  Of course I'm perfectly happy to answer questions in
email, I just don't want to deal with keeping track of orders with email.
Digging through email to get shipping info wasn't as easy as it should be.

Details:

The first chip costs $10.00 including shipping to the continental US
(CONUS).  Each additional chip costs $2.50, including shipping.  All chips
will be sent in an anti-static tube inside of a padded envelope:

1 PIC - $10.00 shipped
2 PICs - $12.50 shipped
3 PICs - $15.00 and so on.

Please send payment to rdarlington at gmail.com and again, make sure you
include a valid shipping address inside of the continental US.  No need to
email me first.

Another option if you can't wait is to order chips from your vendor of
choice and have them shipped directly to me.  I will ship them to you at
cost.  No charge for programming since it's not my code and electrons are
pretty cheap these days.  Contact me directly and I'll be happy to send you
my home address if you want to do it this way.  Once we get through this
round of orders I'll be happy to offer reprogramming services for the cost
of shipping should a firmware update come out.

Thanks guys,

-Bob, N3XKB