[time-nuts] Simulation

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sat Aug 14 15:30:29 UTC 2010

Actually this is a good argument FOR modeling well applied because you can simulate parts that you cannot buy today but that your vendor will ship under the same part number a few years down the road. Try doing that in the lab...

I have experienced it so many times it's not even funny. And that includes parts bought against SMD (Standard Military Drawings) which tend to have more complete specs than the commercial parts they target.

Another area is simulating the effects or radiations. Quite expensive to do in practice, when it's even practical.

On the other hand, if the model does not work like the hardware, don't look for what's wrong with the hardware :)

Always get the model to work like the hardware before you make changes.

Didier

Famous last words: "But the prototype worked so well."

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless thingy while I do other things...