[time-nuts] Tbolt and iCruse readout problem - any ideas?

David Bobbett d.bobbett at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 09:23:11 UTC 2010

  Hi all,

Having struggled in vain to solve this problem, I thought I  would make
a plea for help as my first posting to Time Nuts . . . so here goes!

I have a Tbolt with v3.00 firmware which works fine with the
Tboltmon.exe V2.60 and Lady Heather software. It also works fine with
the iCruse Tbolt LCD monitor - except that the monitor will not display
the "DAC V" value, all the other values are displayed without a problem.
The iCruse is the later version which has had the PIC voltage conversion
done, but not the RS232 input resistor mods.

I have two questions really:

1) Is there a setting which I need to change in my Tbolt using
Tboltmon.exe to get this to work?

2) Does anybody on Time Nuts have an iCruse which shows a negative value
for the "DAC V"?

As far as I can see, there are 3 options: a) there is a configuration
problem, b) the iCruse doesn't display negative values for DAC V, c) my
iCruse is faulty. I've pretty much run out of ideas on this one, so any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

David Bobbett, Milton Keynes, UK.