[time-nuts] Different Survey Results

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Aug 19 21:10:38 UTC 2010

Hi

A few other things to try / consider:

1) Hit the "auto calibrate" function in LH to calibrate the slope of the
OCXO, it will also load some damping and time constant stuff that you may
want to overwrite. I don't know if this is a "beta only" feature or not.

2) Make sure that the TBolt isn't getting hit with drafts. Something as
simple as a shoe box over it can help things quite a bit.

3) The +12 supply is fairly critical. Good regulation and low noise help
stability

4) Clear view of the sky to the south (northern hemisphere) or north
(southern hemisphere) helps the antenna a lot. Higher is usually better for
GPS antennas.

5) The OCXO will run quite a bit better after it's been on for a while. How
long depends on the one you have and how long it's been off. A few days to a
few weeks may be involved.

6) Monitoring what's going on with long term charts on LH is very useful to
diagnose specific issues.

Lots of things to play with. None of it likely to cost much, other than some
of your time.

Bob