[time-nuts] Different Survey Results

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Aug 20 12:04:01 UTC 2010

Hi

The TBolt is rated to 70 C. You probably are ok running them at 50 C. The OCXO does not mind the heat and there's nothing else in there that has any noticeable heat rise.

If you text search for "pool of mercury" in the archives you will hit a thread that goes into the details (and impracticality) of very long thermal time constants. The wood box with foam is a good way to go. Past that active control makes sense.

Bob