[time-nuts] Bulletin Board / Forum

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Wed Aug 25 04:05:49 UTC 2010

Stanley,

It seems to me that "we" already have/had one somewhere [ ? ] or it was proposed
and started but did not get off the ground [ ? ]  However, I could be wrong or
seriously confused.

The nature of the timenuts list was supposed to be a low key - low noise list,
not a beginners Q&A service and project workout.  If you do get started and
flying, perhaps your forum could handle that beginners Q&A service and the,
sometimes, large load of the project traffic.

I agree with Brian Kirby concerning respecting the "Timenuts" title and so
forth.  John Ackermann has put a lot of time and effort into the basis of the
"Timenuts" list, not to mention the expense of hosting and maintaining the list
and its archives.

The "Timenuts" moniker, while recognized and respected internationally, is a form
of prior "art" and may well constitute a form of copyright.   I would suggest
that not only is it proper to ask him his feelings but may require his permission
for use of his list moniker.

Bill....WB6BNQ