[time-nuts] Better GPS

Brooke Clarke brooke95482 at att.net
Fri Aug 27 17:03:08 UTC 2010

Hi Bob:

The ultimate is a carrier phase GPS Timing receiver.  The early work was
done using Ashtech Z12 models that have a provision for an external 10
MHz oscillator.  I have a feeling that the units you're talking about
are a refinement of this approach.

The new L5 frequency of GPS, intended for FAA use, will allow for
civilian two frequency ionosphere corrections in a more straight forward
way than the existing methods (squaring, Ashtech) of using L2 without
knowing the P(Y) crypto keys.
http://www.prc68.com/I/DAGR.shtml#GPSs

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke