[time-nuts] What's the lifetime for a HP Z3801a?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Aug 29 02:26:55 UTC 2010

> Have a pair of Z3801a receivers and GPSCon. The running time readout for
> both is greater than 16,000. They were around 5,000 when I got them from
> somewhere south of here.

I assume the units are hours, but my copy of the manual doesn't say what the
units are.

The are built for the telecom industry.  I'd expect most of them to last
10-20 years.

There is nothing inside that obviously wears out.  The electrolytic caps may
be the weak link.

365*24 is 8760 so 16K is only 2 years.  Youngsters.