[time-nuts] Time Code generator

Collins, Graham CollinG at navcanada.ca
Mon Dec 6 13:12:46 UTC 2010

Thanks all for their comments on this topic.

Over the weekend I spent much time messing about with the NTP stuff and
the NMEAGps application.

NMEAGps does just as described and does make a nice IRIG-B signal
through a PC's sound card. Unfortunately you cannot specifiy which of
several soundcard interfaces you want it to use, it will use the one as
set as the default which for my use does not work so well. Set up on a
second PC set up as a NTP server and time code generator may just be
answer. Some more thought is needed before I figure out how to make it
do what I want or to dismiss it.

There is also the possibility of adapting "tc" as suggested by Chris A.

Cheers, Graham