[time-nuts] Time Code generator

scmcgrath at gmail.com scmcgrath at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:27:29 UTC 2010

When audio/video time code is specified if its on a audio track its called LTC or Longitudinal Time Code and is generally IRIG-B,   This is very uncommon these days as it went out of common use about the time 1" reel to reel was discontinued.

Most common today on NTSC is VITC or vertical interval time code.  Its encoded as a series of pulses in the vertical blanking interval.   The display is generally called a 'Screen Burner'