[time-nuts] Time reference for recording...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Wed Dec 8 18:59:12 UTC 2010

There has been times in the past where I needed to make broadcast
off-air recording that needed positive time indication.  In those
cases I would record the station's audio on one track and one of the
WWV's on the other.  I would start my recording early or let it run
past the end of the program in order to get the top of the minute
announcement of the time. For my needs this was more than adequate,
as it didn't require anything more than a stereo playback
contraption, and who could argue with the time!

Burt

At 10:50 AM 12/8/2010, someone wrote:
> > On another list to which I subscribe, the question was asked about the
> > suitability of recording WWV 2.5mhz audio as one track when recording
> > off the air signals of interest as a time reference.
> >
> > The person who asked the question didn't really state his intentions but
> > they seem very similar to my immediate needs. That is, simply a time
> > reference - that is "the time", the start of the minute, and periodic
> > references (i.e. seconds) between the announcements.

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services
Glendale, California  U.S.A.
biwa at att.net