[time-nuts] GPS antenna info needed

Henry Hallam henry at pericynthion.org
Thu Dec 9 04:28:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Perry Sandeen <sandeenpa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My magnetic base hockey puck amplified GPS antenna for my Lucent receiver died.  I had purchased it at the Dayton Hamvention so I don’t remember the dealer.
>
> I’ve found quite a few sellers on Amazon that are in the USA and their prices are all about the same.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation?
>
> I’d rather spend a few dollars more for a quality unit but I don’t know if they are all from the same supplier in china and they only difference is the dealers price.

I really like the Antenna Factor GPS-SH: http://tinyurl.com/2fxm6n7

I've bought them from Mouser but it looks like you might be able to
order direct from the manufacturer.

They seem to outperform the China clones by several dB, and have a
relatively narrow (~60MHz) bandpass filter at the antenna that reduces
out-of-band noise.

Don't forget to use a ground plane.

Henry